Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mission Statement

That's an imposing concept, indeed. Nevertheless, I thought it was about time I put down a bit about this blog and it's mission in life and thereby, I guess explain a bit more about me. This is not a really gourmet, foodie type of blog. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat and eat well but, to be perfectly honest - I'm broke (the last Eurotrash world tour set us back a bit and I've yet to recover financially - hmmm). So what I'm trying to achieve here is a space that is full of as many interesting vignettes about stuff we get up to in my search for anything weird, wonderful, delicious, or just plain hilarious to do with food.
I live in a pretty amazing part of the world the world actually, the east coast of Australia has a dynamic and abundant food culture. There is a huge variety of some of the finest fresh produce in the world (ahem), a plethora of ethnic and culturally specific cuisine influences and you don't need to eat a expensive restaurants to be able to experience them. Living as I do, in Sydney's inner west suburbs I have on my doorstep Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese and Greek, communities from whom we beg, borrow and steal culinary ideas regularly. Jump in the car and drive for an hour or so and you can visit fine Hunter Valley wineries. This blog is about my culinary adventures and those of my friends. It may be a a post about a restaurant recently visited or a recipe but it may also be about how we discovered the most delicious local Parmesan cheese at a bakery in Leeton in the NSW MIA, or a recipe that was shown to me at a Vietnamese friend's wedding. (OK, I've yet to post that one) Anyway, there's a lot to see around Sydney's inner west and all over NSW, so anyone who's keen to join me (if there is anyone out there besides my family actually reading this) I would love to hear from you. If you live in this part of the world please feel free to share your experiences too.
Cheers!

No comments: